Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Harry Potter Series

I love Harry Potter books and movies!  My favorite character is Ron Weasley.  I do impressions of Ron.  My friends, Sydney and Rory (who are in my class) have read all the Harry Potter books and said that my impression was good.

In Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, a boy who does not know his parents gets some awkward letters (a lot) and figures out that he is a wizard.  He goes to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.  He makes two new friends, Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger. They figure out a deadly beast lives in the 3rd corridor.  They figure out the sorcerer's stone is under a trap door the beast is guarding and learn that if they don't save the sorcerer's stone their world and ours will come to an end.

In Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, it is Harry's second year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and when mysterious writings in blood were seen on the wall saying the heir of Slytherin will petrify the students.  Harry does a lot of different things to figure out who the true heir is and in the end, finds himself smarter than his teacher and fighting over Ginny Weasley (Ron's sister).  The best part is when Ron, Fred, and George pull up to Harry's locked window and attach a bungie cord to the window, rip the window off, and then Harry says "what are you doing here?" and Ron says "We're coming to rescue you of course!"

Again, I love these books.  Please check them out at your local library.  I am reading the third book now.

No comments:

Post a Comment